The Research and Development division of Educational Testing Service seeks an Accessibility Engineer to join our growing Accessibility, Standards, and Assistive Technology Group.
Accessibility Engineers implement and contribute to the design and development of accessible, standards-based assessments in support of both research and testing programs. They consult with research scientists in the application, development, and specification of technical accessibility standards, based on requirements for specific disabilities, assistive technologies, and assessment validity. The successful candidate should understand key accessibility standards & requirements, and be prepared to consider their application to assessment delivery, including students’ use of assistive technologies.
- Contribute to the development of innovative technical approaches to accessibility challenges in innovative assessments.
- Engage in rapid prototyping in support of research and standards developments to evaluate potential technical solutions.
- Participate in international standards working groups to propose and champion proposed additions or changes to technical standards.
- Maintain continuing awareness of recent advances in accessibility, standards, and assistive technologies and leverage this awareness into creative solutions for ETS applications.
- A master's degree in computer science or information systems, or bachelor's degree and demonstrated experience and track record in accessibility with four years of diverse experience in digital accessibility, including design, evaluation (testing), and implementation of accessible interfaces including two years of active participation in accessibility related standards work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills