If you are looking for a challenging position creating innovative new decision support applications for business-critical and mission-critical situations then join our small, fast-paced RCS team!
- POSITION AVAILABILITY: Now
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1-3
- SUPERVISOR: William Elm
- SALARY RANGE: Competitive
- LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
- CITIZENSHIP: U.S. Citizenship Required
Cognitive Systems Engineers (CSE) work with interdisciplinary CSE teams to create the concepts and detailed designs for revolutionary information systems. The CSE team is dedicated to providing principle-driven design of human-machine systems with the central focus being creating effective systems that embed user expertise and support decision making. CSEs are responsible for the interface designs as well as the comprehensive cognitive work analysis that informs those designs. Our CSEs also work closely with our talented group of software developers, providing design concepts, representational designs, and functionality requirements as guidance for their system development effort.
- Support cognitive work analysis effort to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design
- Support design of innovative and useful GUI designs for these complex domains, including creation of storyboards and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Support iterative evaluations of system prototypes, and operational evaluations of fielded decision support systems
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of senior and principal cognitive systems engineers
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, related field or equivalent experience;
MS a plus
- Some training in analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems, information visualizations, and graphical user interfaces
- Some knowledge / training in cognitive engineering and human-computer interaction, and knowledge of state-of-the-art research in these areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytic, problem definition and problem solving skills, including:
- Ability to analyze a problem domain and to distill core decision-making processes and challenges; often from rich, semi-articulated problem domains
- Ability to identify and adapt applicable technologies found in academic and industrial research
- Ability to create/invent innovative human-machine interface approaches and to translate them into successful decision-support solutions
SUBMIT RESUME TO: info [at] resilientcognitivesolutions.com (info [at] resilientcognitivesolutions.com).
- Pay Type