At Delphix, we are solving hard technical problems, have great mentorship, and have an amazing engineering-driven culture. Delphix Engineering is a team of world-class Computer Science problem-solvers who don’t just code: they drive end-to-end product strategy and delivery. The team includes the inventors and architects of the VMware platform, ZFS, DTrace, Oracle RAC, DataGuard, and Flashback. Engineers are empowered to fundamentally drive the future of the company. We’ve built a culture where everyone voices good ideas and feels a sense of ownership over what the team builds. Engineers have the freedom to identify customer problems, articulate solutions, and drive end-to-end execution of projects and strategy.
Our team is built to mentor and support engineers in their growth as innovators and leaders. Our processes and leaders help others find and establish ownership of new projects, technical areas, and key product strategies. Delphix engineers are relentless in their pursuit of new opportunities to learn and grow, and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with others.
We are seeking a motivated, talented leader that will help build and lead a team of interaction designers, user researchers, and visual designers, and collaborate across the company to drive success.The UX team is responsible for driving the user experience for Delphix software products, delivering experiences that wow the customer and make it easy for a variety of end users to operate Delphix.
- Lead the user experience function end-to-end
- Define and champion our user experience vision and design across multiple products in the organization, with our customers and partners
- Make our user experience stand out in the market and make it a key driver of our company’s market position and success
- Drive engagement with customers, prospects and partners in ways that establishes Delphix as the user experience leader in our market
- Manage internal and external resources such as contractors and agencies
- Grow and apply a deep and actionable understanding about our users and their needs and experiences with our products
- Enhance our usability testing and research efforts to ensure that all actions are driven by customers needs and efforts can be targeted and measured
- Drive definition of user experience success metrics and evangelize those metrics across the organization
- Communicate improvement against those metrics over time
- Create an inclusive culture that maximizes collaboration and innovation across user experience, visual design, and engineering
- Evaluate user experience needs and define a UX hiring plan
- Implement lightweight processes to integrate UX within the Delphix engineering culture
- Deliver information architecture, navigation paradigms, interaction design, wire-frames and software UI, around a well-defined nucleus of user needs, tasks, customer and product requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience recruiting exceptional talent and building out a strong UX team
- Ability to anticipate needs and challenges of individuals and team
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams, such as Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Services, Executive team, etc.
- Willing to be hands on creating design specifications and design standards in the form of storyboards, wire-frames, prototypes and mock-ups
- Experience in bringing pragmatic, iterative improvement to products
- Strong understanding of development life-cycles and trade-offs in order to define the best path from current to desired product and design state
- Experience working with outside customers and partners to understand and drive to success
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Pay Type