Axis Group is a business intelligence company that helps customers make better decisions with their data. We translate the needs of our customers into compelling web apps for analyzing information. Through our streamlined experiences and insightful data visualizations, we reveal the hidden insights in their data needed to efficiently run their business. We’re passionate about visualization and the work we do, whether it be mapping high risk Ebola outbreak areas in West Africa, tracking refugee movement around the world, or detecting employee register fraud patterns at movie theaters around the US.
The Visualization Designer Position
We operate a small and tight-knit visual analytics team that focuses on collecting our clients' problems and turning them into high impact visual designs that we can then implement. This team is looking for a designer who shares our passion for user experience and visualization design. The ideal person for our team loves exploring new problems in novel ways and thrives in a small team environment while being fairly self-directed. They care first and foremost about how a solution should work, and then apply the same level of enthusiasm towards how it should look. They think critically about processes and data and translate that understanding into elegant visual tools. They love show-and-tell with their colleagues and continuous learning to expand their skills.
- Perform user research to identify and organize the user needs
- Iteratively design, critique, and adjust concepts for application and data visualization designs
- Produce high fidelity mock-ups demonstrating a final solution
- Document user needs and visual design specs for the implementation team
- Work closely with the implementation team to ensure that final product effectively meets user needs
- Experience conducting UX research
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization design
- Experience designing visually stunning interfaces
- Knowledge of graphic design tools such as Sketch
- Knowledge of prototyping tools such as InVision
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Strong communication and self-management skills
This is a full-time position. Some travel to clients is occasionally required.
Please apply by either emailing your resume to our HR team or by visiting the careers page on our website.
- Pay Type
- kmurray [at] axisgroup.com