We are looking for a researcher to add to our interdisciplinary research team. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical abilities, enjoys working with modern rapid development programming languages (for example, Python, etc), has an experienced, disciplined approach to quantitative research and experimentation, and enjoys making an impact on how people perform at their work. The individual needs to value working in a collaborative environment and can work within cross disciplinary team of psychologists, cognitive scientists, quantitative scientists, and others.
This position provides the opportunity to make an immediate impact on several current projects in a variety of ways:
- Analytical ability: take a fuzzy problem and decompose it into specific and clear pieces (clarity could either be qualitative or quantitative)
- Strong writing skills (clear writing == clear thinking)
- Programming skill to support our projects (e.g., Python, JAVA, R, MATLAB, Octave, or similar). Experience in more than one programming language is highly desired.
- Experience in statistics and data analysis.
- Exposure to topics in cognitive science including learning and memory, attention, fatigue, and language processing.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality.
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development.
- Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
- College degree required; master's degree preferred. Ideal majors include: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or related field. PhD or near PhD is a large plus.
- Strong experience in software development with multiple programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to lead research grants.
- Ability to communicate with the client, project team and within TiER1.
- Pay Type